I have recently been watching two makeup tutorials regarding how to put on makeup to make yourself look better when you are hungover (or sick).
Both of these tutorials have some great information, but they also have WTF moments. Here are a few of my WTF observations:
- Liquid eyeliner – WTF? Liquid eyeliner can sense fear – and it can certainly tell if you have the shakes. Even going with an imperfect look, you’re probably going to look like a mess.
- Mixing eyeshadows to create a custom color – Another WTF? Creating custom eyeshadow colors when you are trying not to puke is a bad idea – you may wind up with two different colors on each lid and still look like a mess.
- False lashes – ARE YOU KIDDING ME? No sharp objects (tweezers or lash holders) any where near the eye when you feel like crap. You don’t need a hangover plus an eye injury.
- Pinpoint concealer – My focus will be on not puking, not pinpoint concealing. Anything precise seems like too much work.
What I found useful:
- Ice – Help get some of the puffiness down.
- Illuminating primer – Make yourself look less gray.
- Tinted moisturizer – You don’t have to be precise and it is moisturizer (bonus).
- Liquid concealer (something close to your skin tone) – Get it under your eyes and on the red spots – blend it with a finger or a concealer brush as best as you can.
- Eyeshadow stick – Smudge it – and it will look deliberate and sexy – not like you had no motor control.
- Light bronzer – It is too easy to go overboard, so go light with it – looking orange is not good.
- Light blush – Something delicate (if you are not already too red – if you are red, skip this).
- Lip balm or lip gloss – Moisturizing and easy to apply with unsteady hands.
- Hydrating – if you are dehydrated, get the fluids back in you (if you can without puking them up).
Like any advice, take what is useful and discard the rest. Here are the two tutorials: